Dearest clock-watchers! If you hadn't noticed, it's almost the weekend. In the event that your excitement is currently tempered with social anxiety about which pop culture topics to discuss over happy hour beverages — a very sad and all-too-common affliction — here are a few gems from the music world that the Internet bestowed upon us this week.
-- The 5th annual Burger Boogaloo, one of the spunkiest (and most affordable!) festivals in the Bay Area's grand feast of summer festival offerings, announced its lineup yesterday, and it's a good one. What says "summer" more than the legendary Ronnie Spector crooning "Be My Baby" as hipsters play drunken kickball around you in Mosswood Park?
-- Oakland noir-pop rockers DRMS released this epically and mysteriously engaging 17-and-a-half-minute film set to some of the most experimental music we've heard from them yet. They're at the Rickshaw Stop tomorrow night [Sat/22], if you wanna get good and dreamy.
-- The city of Abderdeen, Wash., home of one Kurt Cobain, celebrated its first annual "Kurt Cobain Day" yesterday, Feb. 20, on what would have been the rocker's 47th birthday. With what, you ask? Why, a giant, weird, crying, Jesus-like Kurt Cobain statue, of course. Because that definitely seems like something he would have wanted.
Go forth, my friends. Stay hydrated.
Most Commented On
- A global wealth tax is nothing like the advent of an income tax. - April 24, 2014
- Every huge ego has a tiny man behind it. - April 24, 2014
- I think it's a good thing - April 24, 2014
- The narcissism in this piece is nauseating - April 24, 2014
- One day we will live in a world where nobody is successful - April 24, 2014
- Conway was until he moved to - April 24, 2014
- She loves misery and is unelectable. - April 24, 2014
- Yes, Willie engineered an economic boom which gave us more - April 24, 2014
- iLCrCdhiFRgiSe - April 24, 2014
- Is Cindy Sheehan still talking about how 9/11 was an inside job? - April 24, 2014